Sultan Of Sokoto Confers Traditional Title On JAMB Registrar, Oloyede

R

Richard Ogunsile

Sultan Of Sokoto Confers Traditional Title On JAMB Registrar, Oloyede

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has conferred the traditional title of Kuliya of Sokoto upon Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).​

This announcement was made during a public lecture and special book presentation held in honour of Oloyede, who celebrated his 70th birthday on Wednesday and has officially retired from his position at the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN).

The publications presented include “Islamics, Scholarship and Service to Society: A Festschrift for Is-haq Olarewaju Oloyede” and “Glimpses into the Giant: A Tapestry of Tributes to Prof. Is-haq Oloyede at 70.”

The event was organized by the KU8+ Consortium of Universities in Kwara State.

Additionally, the Sultan took the opportunity to urge Nigerians to refrain from cursing their leaders, encouraging them instead to offer prayers for their guidance and success.

“Don’t curse your leaders, no matter how bad they may be, but pray for them,” the Ameerul Mumini counselled.

The monarch said he was happy that the Emir of Ilorin, Alh. Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari conferred the same title as Kuliya of Ilorin Emirate on a legal luminary, Mal. Yusuf Ali (SAN).

Noting that Oloyede and Ali are close associates who have many things in common, the revered traditional ruler said: “I hereby confer on Oloyede the title of Kuliya of Sokoto. I will send the letter of appointment to him as soon as I return to Sokoto.”

The monarch, who poured encomiums on Oloyede, added: “Whenever I come to Ilorin, I always feel so much happy. I came to Ilorin for the first time in 1974 as an Army Captain. We thank Allah for Prof. Oloyede’s life and pray Allah to protect him. Though, he’s retiring from the university, he will continue to be useful to Nigeria and humanity.

“I’m very pleased to make this programme. It’s very important. We thank Allah for Oloyede’s life. We’ll continue to ask him to do more.”

Naija News understands that Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Prince Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), chaired the well-attended event with many eminent personalities in attendance.

The governor of Kwara State, AbdulRazaq AbdulRazaq, was represented at the event by the chairman of Kwara State Universal Basic Education Board ( KWSUBEB), Prof. Shehu Adaramaja.

The post Sultan Of Sokoto Confers Traditional Title On JAMB Registrar, Oloyede appeared first on Naija News.

Back